Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hope in the Midst of Struggle

Sometimes life is hard. Other times, it's just downright impossible. At times it's livable, but this is mostly during the sleeping hours. We are all faced with different kinds of setbacks, hurts, diseases, temptations...you get the picture. A friend of mine recently wrote a short yet thoughtful post about pain and God's use of it. It's a good reminder to pay attention to our hurts and pains.

Lately, my life has felt absolutely chaotic. My emotions have been out of control, and it seems as if I might just come undone. I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say that EVERYTHING feels like it's changing. And while it is difficult to try and process, I know deep down that it is good. Not because of what I see on the surface, but because I know something about God. We hear the verse all the time, but we come to feel the verse in the midst of life's storms.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
Whether pleasure or pain, God is working in it to make us like Christ. That's the confidence I have in the midst of chaos. The following song from Sanctus Real is a beuatiful reminder of this truth. Take a few minutes to listen to it, or see the lyrics below the video.

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
All I can do is surrender

(Chorus)
Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Revaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender...
To...

(Chorus)

Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to to release all my held back tears

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly
Something heavenly

It's time to face up
Clean this old house
Time breathe in and let everything out

No comments:

Post a Comment